The Friends of the Library
Who We Are and Why We Need You...
The Friends of the Athol Public Library were established in 1878. Volunteer help and donations have always been crucial to its growth and development. The Library now faces the challenges of the 21st century - the need for new technology as well as a growing demand for programs and services.
More than ever, the Friends need your help and support. If you would like more information please call the Athol Public Library at (978) 249-9515. Dues range from $5.00 for an individual annual membership to $100.00 for a sustaining membership.
What We Do...
- Sponsor Special Programs
- Cultural enrichment discussion groups
- Author lectures and book signings
- Children's story hours
- Adult programs
- Young Adult programs
- Summer reading programs
- School vacation programs
- Sponsor Services
- Provide museum passes
- Public copy machine
- Notary public
- Fax services
- Promotional materials
- Refreshments for library programs
- Financial support for the purchase of materials
- Offer Suplemental Library Resources
- DVD / Blu-ray
- Reference materials
Services Are Made Possible By...
- Membership dues
- Annual book sale
- Other fund raising activities
- Quarterly newsletter subscription
- Discounted Friends-sponsored activities, workshops and services
- Donations are tax deductible
- Volunteer recognition
- Admission to Friends-Only events at the library
- Personal Fulfilment for having contributed to such a worthy cause
The Friends Annual Meeting is held every April
during National Library Week.
The Best Deal in Town!
Individual Membership $5.00
Family Membership $10.00
All dues and contributions are tax deductible
as the Friends are a 501(C) 3 nonprofit organization!
We appreciate your support!
Click Here to Join the Friends Today!
You can support the work of the Friends by clicking on the "Donate" button and making a tax-deductible donation.
The Executive Board of Directors
Lillian Bachelder, Treasurer
Jean White, Secretary
Margaret Young, Trustee Representative