PC Doctor January 17, 2014
Have your computer questions answered here! Search the PC Doctor archive or submit a question of your own at email@example.com
Dear PC Doctor:
I recently started using Google Chrome as my main internet browser. I used to use Internet Explorer. I'd like to keep my same favorite sites bookmarked. Is there a way to do that easily, or do I have to visit each site individually and mark them again?
Yes! There is a relatively easy way to import your IE favorites into
Google Chrome. Follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome by double-clicking on its icon on your desktop.
- Once Chrome is open, click on the three horizontal lines located in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click on Bookmarks.
- Click on the Import bookmarks and settings.
- Choose Microsoft Internet Explorer from the pull-down menu.
- Click in the boxes next to the items you want to import (Browsing history, Favorites/Bookmarks, Saved passwords, Search engines)
- Click Import.
- Wait while your items are imported, then click the Close button when it is finished.
Note: This will also work easily with your Mozilla Firefox bookmarks.
Until next time...happy computing!
Posted: to Athol Library News on Fri, Jan 17, 2014
Updated: Fri, Jan 17, 2014