PC Doctor December 6, 2021

Have your computer questions answered here! Search the PC Doctor archive or submit a question of your own at info@athollibrary.org

Dear PC Doctor:

I’m sending my cell phone out for repair and won’t have it for about 2 weeks. That’s a long time to be without a phone. I’m giving friends my partner’s phone number, but I’m sure there are people I’ll miss telling. Is there any way to automatically forward calls from my number to hers?



Dear Johanna:

Depending upon what kind of phone you have, it may be possible.

If you have an iPhone and you’re running the current OS, the method you use changes with your cell service provider. If you’re using AT & T, Go to Settings, then Phone, then Call Forwarding. Turn on forwarding & enter the number you want your calls to go to.

If you have an iPhone and you use Verizon, Sprint, or T-Mobile, dial*72 plus the number to which you want your calls forwarded.

If you use a different cell service provider, contact them for details.

If you have a Samsung Galaxy, open the Phone app and look for the three dots on the upper right of your screen. Choose Settings, and then Supplemental services. Choose Call forwarding. You will have several options: Always forward, Forward when busy, Forward when unanswered, and Forward when unreachable. Tap the option you want to enable. You will be prompted to enter the number to which you want your calls sent, and then to turn it on.

If you have a different kind of phone and/or cell service provider, an internet search will likely turn up step by step instructions for you.

I hope this helps.

Until next time,
Happy Computing!
PC Doctor

Editor's Note: Questions should be directed to PC Doctor, care of the Athol Public Library, info@athollibrary.org or Athol Public Library, 568 Main St., Athol, Mass. 01331, or dropped off at the library.